Harry Potter Park Opened For Limited Visitors
May 19, 2010
On May 17, 2010 the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter has opened for the first time to showcase what Universal Describes as the ultimate theme ark experience.
Attendees of the Orlando International Pow Wow (which is a tourism convention) were the lucky ones to enter the theme park and got to see the magic at work. Those lucky few to be there were able to walk through Hogsmeade Village, including its stores and restaurants, take a trip through half of the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride’s queue, and ride the Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff roller coasters.
After the fact we were able to sniff out some intriguing details about the attractions, stores and restaurants. And we are gladly sharing them here with you.
* Hogsmeade Village store fronts contain interactive elements that include the Quick Quotes Quill and plants that spring to life as you pass by.
* In the Ollivander’s Wand Shop the wand is “choosing” you like we have reported before in our article. Guests are invited to try different wands to determine which is the best fit. If the wand is not a correct fit, special music and lighting makes it clear. A gust of air confirms a right choice. (Please check back tomorrow for a more extensive coverage of the magic wand shop.)
* When visiting the Owlry, you can choose between four different postmarks.
* In the Dragon Challenge que line you will pass through the Champion’s tent and you can see the Triwizard Tournament Cup and the golden eggs from the dragon challenge. (Please check back tomorrow for a more extensive coverage of the Dragon Challenge)
* While strolling the streets of Hogsmeade Street performers will entertain the visitors The girls from the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic performing a ribbon dance and boys from the Durmstrang Institute wielding staffs.
* Moving along to the Flight of the Hippogriff attraction, you will meet Hagrid, Fang, and Buckbeak. Make sure you bow before getting on the Hippogriff.
* One of the most fun apparel item for sale is “I served Time In Azkaban”.
As you can imagine all those details are top secret. We will try to scoop some new info in the coming days so make sure you check back.